Thursday, June 9, 2011

My 30th Birthday

Hello,

  So my twenties are gone, I have now been 30 for 10 complete days.   I feel rather similar, as I assumed I would.  It is funny though, to think of yourself as 30. I don't know when, but at somepoint I quit feeling older on my birthday.  I suppose because each year through 25 something momentus happens.  After that there is  no benefit to getting older until you reach retirement. 
    I think we should start this journey with some reflection.  My twenties were like a spinning roller coaster, fun, scary, exciting, fast and at the same time too long, made me sick a few times, and have left me a little dazed, dizzy, and with wobbly legs.  I entered my 20's with a vision, a plan, a prayer.  I leave with broken expectations, an altered plan, and a whole basket of prayers.  Oprah says that your thirties are when you find yourself and step into who you were meant to be, that is good because I feel as I have spent 10 years walking in the forest. 
   If you are reading this and don't already know me.  I had a plan to go to college, get married, and have a bundle of babies.  Well I went to college, nearly finished.  I got married and divorced, bought a house and sold it for less than we paid, and babies will be a true miracle if they ever happen in my life.
  I currently have a good job, not great fulfill your life job, but it pays my bills well, and I can really impact peoples lives.  I live in the upstairs of my parents house and I have a cat Milo.  I love to cook, read, watch crime shows and movies.  I love music of all genres.  I am still a nerd at heart I suppose I always will be.
  So what to I hope for my thirtes, I hope to find myself.  I need to find what bring joy and peace to my soul.  I want to make postivie changes in my life to make it more healthy, physically and mentally.  I hope to take you on this journey, maybe we can learn and find ourselves together. 
  You will find me here, my stuggles, my favorites, my pictures, and maybe a little hope.  I named this blog the ugly duckling because of the geese here in WI.  I saw a few the other day, they are getting big but they are not cute right  now.  A few weeks ago they were sweet little yellow babies following their moms around, now they are bigger brown but still fuzzy usually hanging out together or by themselves, but in a few weeks they will transform into beautiful geese.  I feel like an ugly duckling, I still have soft feathers that don't fly, but I am not cute baby anymore, come with me as I shed there fluffy feathers and find sleek feathers for my wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment